Scuola Italo Calvino, Firenze (FI), Italy
The Italo Calvino primary school in Florence is an excellent example of the intrinsic qualities of a cross-laminated timber construction dry-lined with Gypsum Fibreboard. This is an energy-efficient building since it uses sustainable materials and, rather importantly, helps the contractor adhere to the construction schedule.
- Primary school designed as an XLam structure dry-lined with fermacell Gypsum Fibreboard
- Completion of project in September 2015
- fermacell Gypsum Fibreboard and fermacell Firepanel A1 (14,000 m2)
- fermacell Flooring Elements (2,500 m2)
- fermacell Powerpanel H2O (1,800 m2)